Acrylics vs Glazes
Color Me Mine is now offering Acrylics! Here is what you need to know:
- Acrylics allow you to "paint and display". No need to fire in our kilns. Ideal for kids birthday parties!
- Acrylics will cover pottery nicely but will NOT give your piece a glossy finish. Acrylics are matte with solid color coverage
- Acrylics will work well with banks, figurines and items that are for display only.
- Make sure to dress for the mess, using a smack and covering surfaces is a good choice if using Acrylics. Glazes DO NOT stain and they wash off clothes just with water.
- We recommend washing brushes right away so they last longer
- For items that need frequent wash (mugs, plates, etc) or if you want to use it outdoors you MUST use glazes and fire in our kilns.
- Fired products are fired in our kilns to ensure ceramics are sealed and you can use them everyday. Your finished product is dishwasher and microwave safe